Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Good Morning

Genevieve is screeching in the other room. My annoying cat, Luke, whom Nick likes to call Lucifer, is crawling over my lap, the computer and the desk. It feels like an insanely unfunny comedy where all the evils of my brain have marched out of my ear and bit me on my ass.

And believe it or not, there’s a moment of silence. I don’t know how long it will last, or if chewing on that computer cord will electrocute Luke. I need to remind myself again that this, too, shall pass. I will get a full night’s sleep. Genny will nap on schedule. Luke will cough up that poisonous spider plant offshoot he just munched down.


It’s another new day of taking care of my baby. Another new day of riding out this feeling of depressed sleepiness that is making my eyeballs feel sticky as hot tar.

No comments:

Post a Comment