Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I've Got To Get Up and Try

I dialed it down a notch today; I’m feeling like my body isn’t quite ready for Lady Gaga. I returned to my yoga roots and let myself flow through my morning madness. I trusted in the radio to provide me with a good song and Pink’s “Try” was perfect.

I focused on the words: You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try.

Pull myself up by the bootstraps. Live one day at a time. And all that crap.

)

Sentimental, corny, and true.

Some days it’s about getting up, dealing with the four kittens that were born in my dining room that night, getting the kids fed, dressed and to school, writing, preparing lesson plans, grading and going to work.

And making sure I give myself at least those five minutes to dance or sing or stretch or whatever makes me feel good and alive.

But is it enough to sustain me throughout an entire day? How long can I make the good feelings last?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Well, it is 11:15 here in Alaska but of course 4 hours later than you. I just found your blog on my facebook.

    I love it, keep dancing! Many memories in your living room for me.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Betsy! Thank you! Will you be visiting CT anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete