Saturday, July 30, 2005

Date Night

Nick and I had ourselves a little date tonight thanks to cousin Alison. We saw War of the Worlds. Overall, the movie was disappointing, but it was a lot of fun to get out of the house on a Saturday night.

Earlier today we drove out to cousin Bob’s house to get our tire fixed. I took Genny to a nearby park that had an enormous playground, but she slept the entire time and didn’t get to play at all.

I do want to give Genevieve a big kiss after seeing this movie, but I will certainly not risk waking her up to have that beautiful moment. I will kiss her plenty enough tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shelia. My name's Ashley.

    Moments ago, while checking out the main page, I saw your blog listed and thought, "Hhmmm...Mom. I'll give it a go." :)

    And boy am I glad I did.

    You're a great writer and interesting at that.

    Plus, and most of all, I too am a mother to a baby girl who is just now starting cow's milk and of course we also know that ducks sing that damn duck song...ALL DAY LONG. :)

    Anyways, I just thought I should introduce myself...Cause I am now gonna be checking your journal out nightly. :)

    Good luck with YOUR baby girl. :)
    - Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you and Nick did that. A date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... another fan of your writing! How excellent!

    ReplyDelete