Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I’m OK


Do my ears deceive me or are Genny and Cole seriously both in bed?

True, Genny’s not asleep, but she’s staying in her room at the moment. True, this is probably just a nap for Cole (and he’s in the swing), but he’s asleep.

Can it be that I have a few moments to myself before I collapse in utter exhaustion into the bed?

Well, actually, I have to make the bed before I can do that, and to make the bed I need to open the noisy sheet closet next to Cole’s room. Oh brother.

I’m proud to say that it feels like my depression is lifting today. Could it be that I’m actually not dreading this year’s birthday? Have I finally reached a place in my life where I can stop worrying about age and beauty and all that jazz in favor of just enjoying life?

I wouldn’t go crazy yet, but I think I might just get through this life happy.

I might be able to enjoy some of this motherhood thing.

Note to self: Remember to reread this post when I’m next stressed out.

1 comment:

  1. No! Not the squeaky sheet closet!

    Hang in there, girl. You just need some rest. :)

    any some circus peanuts.....

    ReplyDelete