Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Me, Groggy

Today I am determined to keep on working, even if I’m tired, even if I’m typing one-handed while nursing. The only way to change what I’m not happy with is to take actions to change it. In this case, the “it” is not having a published book. If I need to work when tired, so be it.

The children need tending, the house needs to be prevented from falling down, clean laundry must be made available, and food must be eaten. But that does not matter. I must keep moving forward on my creative projects, even if slowly.

And I am glad that I was there to see Cole take his first playground swing ride today.

I want it all.

I want motherhood. I want work. I want my husband.

I will have it all, even though it means being groggy for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. wow, Sheila, you're doing so much already. maybe what you need is more time savers. Like, could you write with a tape recorder while nursing?

    Hang in there! Some day your children will be more self reliant, and then you will miss them! :)

    ReplyDelete