Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nude Pregnant Model Wears a Hat

Thank you Daily Mail for this story—Hat's on! But everything else is off... Pregnant glamour model walks the runway naked at London Fashion Week—by Maysa Rawi.

To sum it all up for you, there’s this hat designer who is an unknown and, well, she really wanted some publicity, so, you know, she had a fashion show and she had her models wear hats and nothing else, and oh yeah, one of the models was eight-months pregnant.

And she’s the first one to say the nudity has no artistic meaning or value other than, getting people’s attention.

“Coles, 31, from Pontypool, South Wales, said she wanted to include Cahill, who is a friend from home, because it is rare to see pregnant women on the catwalk.”
Well, I suppose this is good in the sense that an artist is taking a cue from advertisers and doing what it takes to get people to take notice of her wares.

Hmm, should I call her an artist if she herself admitted just doing it for publicity’s sake?

And I don’t see anything too spectacular about the hats, so I imagine the initial burst of publicity will not result in anything momentous, but she did get the free publicity she was looking for.

As for the pregnant model? Cool for her. I bet she felt beautiful walking nude in all her Mama glory. I know whenever I’m pregnant, I feel very secure in my body image because I know people aren’t judging me for my weight gain.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:21 PM

    The model is a total pro, very confident, as if she was not nude, just Sophia modeling, which she actually was. Was the designer an artist? I don't know, but despite saying she was using nudity for attention, there is still a creative element in total nudity. Note, the models are nude, except for hats. I think lots of designers would insist on their models also wearing high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Sophia is quite nice in all her prego glory, but I think the designer failed to get what she needed, which is people looking at her hats, and not the beautiful nude models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Why can't I have this type of fashion show in Columbus?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Yes! We need to see Sheila starkers on a runway, eight months pregnant, and doing Yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'd have to get pregnant again for starters...I don't know. Three kids is a lot already...

    ReplyDelete