Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Oscars is full of boobs



Thank Heavens for Jezebel.


West sums up my feelings about the Oscars after being pointed to what they consisted of by a friend.

Must-see video of the "We saw your boobs" song can be found on Youtube.

My favorite comment is probably from the Atlantic

What the jokes were, really, was stupid, boring, and empty: humor that relied less on its own patently sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. content than on admiration for or disgust with the host's willingness to deliver it. So much of comedy is about the shock of recognition, of seeing some previously unacknowledged truth suddenly acknowledged, but the only recognition MacFarlane offered was that some people say dumb things about other peoples' gender/racial/sexual identities. Which, of course, should not be shocking at all.
I guess it’s been a long time since I watched the Oscars and probably now a long time before I ever watch them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment