Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Momentary Silence



I am feeling the darkness of the rain today. I’ve given in to it; there’s no sense in fighting this gloom.

Genny is hunkered down with a Care Bears movie and Cole is sleep-nursing on my lap.

I should be doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning, figuring out dinner, practicing yoga, or being otherwise productive. But I am not. And the very fact that I am feeling guilty and depressed clearly means I have not given in to the darkness.


I know the video will end and Cole will wake up and I will need to be Mom again.

For a few moments, let me just be Sheila and sip my coffee in silence.

Vote for my post The Momentary Silence on Mom Blog Network

2 comments:

  1. I always feel lazy when it rains. Girl, just take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh, I enjoyed that moment of silence with you.

    ReplyDelete