Thursday, April 23, 2009

Octo Mom in the News Again


If you follow celebrity news at all, then you’ve probably already heard the latest on Octo Stripper Mom. You’ll remember that a few weeks back it was revealed that Nadya Suleman had been a stripper, but she said:

It's true that I was a topless dancer, but that's all. I went to a gentleman's club and performed as a topless dancer. But I only did it one night.

Perez Hilton reports today:

Turns out Nadya, or should we say ANGELINA, was a stripper for at least a year!!!

Of course, I don’t think it’s a problem she was a stripper…it’s a problem that she felt the need to lie about it. And for someone who’s now “famous,” it’s not like the public isn’t going to find out the truth.

Why do we feel the need to hide our pasts?

I don’t recommend going around just blabbing away to anyone you meet all your past indiscretions, but when you’re asked point blank in the media? And Suleman’s the one aiming for the media to cover her life (she’s supposedly in talks for a reality show).

I wonder how many women out there have a past that they’re afraid to talk about. And why?

Vote for my post Octo Mom in the News Again on Mom Blog Network

1 comment:

  1. I think people hide it because as always, one apple spoils the bunch. There's nothing wrong with strippers - many of them paid cash for their college education, and I envy them for that! The problem is some strippers tried to make money in prostitution, and got caught, or worse - got hurt or killed. Too many people associate some seedy underground with strippers.

    And then there's the religious right who want to shame women who strip. I think people keep quiet about their pasts because they just don't want to deal with the comments - good, bad, stupid, or ignorant - from other people. So they just don't tell.

    ReplyDelete