Monday, May 16, 2005

Must-be-dones

It’s been a bustling day for me. I had an interview for an Executive Assistant placement agency. I don’t know why I do things like that sometimes, but with Nick laid off, we are both trying to find more work. I do have a new yoga client on Thursday, which I’m hoping will work out on a permanent basis. And I’ve been tacking up yoga fliers all around my neighborhood.

I picked Genny up from her babysitter’s and learned that she had a fever. I thought she was doing better, but the poor thing was as hot as a baked clam. Well, no, she was only 101.6.

I put her to bed early and she dropped right off to sleep. I haven’t heard a peep from her since. My motherly instincts tell me I should go in there and feel her forehead.

And no sooner do I speak of her, but I hear a little, cough cough.

As coughs go, this one is pretty gosh-darn cute.

My own throat feels a rather tightening sensation. A scratchy, lava-bubbling rawness. Please do not let me get sick right now. There are too many must-be-dones dangling about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment